21 March 2014

Spring Smells!

Spring is here! And as the seasons change so do the scents of candles and products we use in our everyday lives. 
So I thought it would be fitting that I share some of my most loved scents for Spring! All of the product scent names will be links if you are wanting to check these items out for yourselves as well as the store names being general website links!

Lets start off with my new obsession of CANDLES! (as well as a gigantic shoutout to Target !)

All of these candle I purchase at Target, I was really surprised when I found them one: because I have never really looked at buying candles and two: because for some odd reason I did not think that Target had as good of a candle selection as they do!


This first candle is a 4 oz soy candle I purchased for $5.99, it does not really have a specific brand so I just call it the 'Target Brand' candle (but it is manufactured by a company called Illume). As shown in the picture the scent is Lavender Lemonade. I was really drawn to this smell because I am a fan of both lavender and lemons, but the scent is not over powering and each aspect of the scent does not cancel out the other, so it makes a very relaxing and soothing atmosphere while burning. 

 

This next candle is also a 'Target Brand' 4 oz soy candle that I got for $5.00. The scent is called Very Berry  (this exact scent was not listed on the Target website but the link will show you the same type and size of candle, I am not sure why it is not listed because I know that this product is still available in stores), and it smells almost exactly like fresh fruit which I just think screams Spring time!


  

The last candle on my list of Spring smells is one that I mentioned on my 'Get to Know Me Tag' post as a scent that I am loving at the moment. It is made by Nest Fragrances and is part of a Target exclusive line called MELT. I found this is the clearance section for $7.98 and the original price is $16.99, at just about half off there was no way I was letting this Citrus Lime Basil candle sit and collect dust on a store shelf!



Moving on to lotions, body mist, and body butters this is my shout out to Bath & Body Works as well as eos!

I will start off with the B&BW products first…


These first pair of products is from the new spring line for Bath & Body Works and it is called Beautiful Day. This scent is described on the back of each product as "Beautiful Day is a fragrance as beautiful as the perfect spring day with sun-kissed apple, wild daisies & fresh pink peonies" . It was clearly carefully developed for Spring, so what would it not make my list of Spring smells?!? 


This Body Butter is absolutely wonderful! Paris Amour is a staple (year round) fragrance found at Bath & Body Works. It is sort of a heavier smell, something I only use on elbows, knees, etc. but it isn't too overpowering either! 



My last lotion is by eos and it is their hand lotion in Berry Blossom. I purchased this at Target for $1.99 , it is the same size as any normal travel size product from other brands, but that is good (in my opinion, to keep in a bag for on the go! It is not particularly a very strong fragrance, which is something I love about it, for those days when you want to wear something more subtle, like for going to the grocery store or running other errands, but it is extremely moisturising! It does take a couple minutes to 'sink' into your skin, and at first when you put it on it does feel a tad greasy, but just be patient and that will go away and will leave your skin super soft!

The only thing I do not like about this product is the packaging. While I like that you can open it and smell it before you buy it, a lot of people see this as a perfect opportunity to try as much of it out as they want. Especially when they see it hanging by the check out area… So when I purchased mine I took off the first few bottles from the hanger and then grabbed the one that I actually bought. 



So that about wraps it up for my favorite Spring smells of 2014!
 I would love to know what your top scents or favorite candles are so be sure to leave them in the comments and I will check them out! 

Ashton
                      x



No comments:

Post a Comment