28 March 2014

Minimalist Photography!

As you all know (or hopefully have guessed by the name of this blog) I am a photographer. Now, what I can tell you that you don't know, unless you follow me on Twitter,  is that I am also a currently a student as well. So occasionally I want to share with you fun projects and photo shoots that I do! I hope you guys enjoy these types of posts as well as my 'regular' posts, and maybe even get inspired to do some photography of your own whether its with a super duper camera you have or even with your phone!

I had an assignment a couple of weeks ago to get back to the basics and really simplify what I was taking pictures of, in other words (or rather one word) minimalism. So basically my goal is to keep the viewer guessing what is actually photographed. I really enjoyed this project because it forced me to look at really simple things, and to see them differently than most people that would just glance over. So I hope you enjoy looking at these photographs!

If I have inspired you to look at things differently and you take some pictures of your own I would love to see what you have come up with! So leave a link in the comments!












I hope you guys liked this post, even though it is not the normal type of post that I have been doing! If you do want to see more posts like this one where I share what I am working on in school or for fun in the world of photography let me know! 


Ashton
                x   

Spring Break starts officially this afternoon sometime! (I've got one more class I am about to go to) yay!!!  Let me know in the comments if you want to see how/what I am packing for my trip to the mountains! an if thats something you would like to see I will work hard to get it up before I leave on Sunday or Monday (I haven't decided yet…) 


2 comments:

  1. Woweee, great photography. I'm guessing one is the type of railing tube, that runs up to a shower, I don't know what that bit is called. I was pretty sure one might be a plughole, but I could be totally wrong! Looking forwards to you telling me what they really are.

    Check out my post on my trip to Cyprus! http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/cyprus-trip.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one is a lamp, it is one that has i think five different lights on it and bendy parts so you can point them wherever you want, The next one is a base of a different lamp turned on its side, the third is the chains hanging from a ceiling fan on its side, the fourth one is a rope/string hanging from an attic (its turned upside down), the next to last one is a fire hydrant, and then the last one is a kitchen knife inane of this wooden block things that they can be kept in :) you had some pretty good guesses though!!!! it looks like you had a really great time on your trip!! :)

    ReplyDelete