30 March 2014

Last minute shopping for my Spring Break Trip!

I am so excited for spring break! I know a lot of people have already had theirs and some still haven't … and this technically isn't even mine, its just a week off between quarters. But I'm still excited! 

I am leaving tomorrow morning to go on my five hour journey/road trip to the mountains! I know what you are thinking, most people would go to the beach for spring break. However in my defence there are no bears, elk, or other awesome wildlife at the beach, and that why I am going to the mountains. All the bears have cute little cubs now! So how could I resist going to photograph that?!? 


When I woke up yesterday I felt overwhelmed with all the things that I needed to get done, which isn't all that much really … I decided to get all my last minute shopping done for little things that I am out of that I would need to pack. 



The first store I went to was Victorias Secret 



I am not going to show you specifically what I got (I just think we aren't that close yet lol) , but I will tell you the patterns. I also didn't technically buy these items either. I am subscribed to the mailing list, or whatever it is they do, so I get something in the mail about every month and it always has a free pair of underwear, $10 off a bra, and a free gift with $75 dollar purchase vouchers in it. 

So I got two pairs of undergarments (my mom also gets this offer in the mail, and does not like the style sometimes so I get her coupon too!) one is in the pattern VS Aloha Print and the other is a print that they don't carry online, which is kinda dumb, and I don't know the name of it … but it is a blue-to-green ombre with white palm trees on it. 



The next store I went to is Bath and Body works!

I didn't necessarily need anything because I am pretty well stocked up on body washes and lotions from Christmases and birthdays, but they were having the buy three get three free sale so I couldn't resist! I ended up picking three things and since my mom was with me she picked three things since I didn't need six products! And I was still going to pay the same amount either way!


I ended up picking these body scrubs, because while I have two or three shower gels in my cabinet I really love their scrubs! $14.50 each

From left to right, I got in the fragrance SKY, it is just a really fresh scent that isn't too over powering (sorry I'm not the greatest at describing smells yet!) the one in the middle is from the newest summer line in the scent HAWAII it is a passionfruit and papaya blossom with a hint of macadamia fragrance, and last but not least I got the OAHU (this is the one that I have decided will be accompanying me on my vacation!) from the summer line as well it is a coconut and tiger lily smell that I can only describe in one word : Summer (fitting since its from the summer collection!) 

The really cool thing I like about the Hawaii and Oahu scrubs is that they have pink Polynesian sand in them to help exfoliate your skin and they also contain natural oils like Monoi and Kukoi that help keep your skin super soft! 


And the Final destination on my shopping to do list was Target
(you all know I love me some Target!)



The first thing on my list was the Simple Cleansing wipes $4.99 that double as my makeup remover as well! You may remember these from my post where I reviewed their starter face cleansing kit! And if you read that post then you know that I absolutely loved these wipes, so I had to go back to get some more. This pack came with a big packet of 25 wipes as well as a packet of 7 wipes which was convenient for me because I will be using the smaller packet to take with me on my trip, and then I will not have to worry about needing more what I get back!







The next thing I got is the Maybelline New York Great Lash Mascara  in very black $4.49  
I have been looking for a new mascara for a while now, and had originally set out to get Maybellines The Rocket because of all the great things I had heard about it but I ended up with this one because of the applicator. My lashes are naturally really long, just not dark in color and aren't very volumized. So I was worried that The Rocket would lengthen them a lot and I haven't tried this one out yet but I am hoping it just adds that bit of volume I am looking for! 

If you have any other suggestions for mascaras let me know in the comments!! 



The last beauty product that I got is the Shine Eraser Oil Blotting Sheets by e.l.f. 
I don't know if it because winter is over or what, but my face has never been this oily before and I figured that 50 sheets for $1.00 was a pretty good deal! This packet is also the perfect size to keep in your purse or wallet!  


The last thing I picked up in the check out line is this cute little pack of tic tacs! Basically I just thought that the Easter/bunny theme was really cute so I just had to pick them up! The green ones are green apple flavored and the purple ones are grape! $1.04


I hope you all enjoyed this spur-of-the-moment post that I hadn't planned on doing but thought it might be fun to share some little things that I needed to get for my trip! I am going to be posting while I am gone as long as I have internet! I will also be tweeting through out the week keeping you updated on if a bear attacks (hopefully not)!!

I do have a  5 to 6 hour drive ahead of me tomorrow morning so if you have any song recommendations I would love to get some for a road trip playlist I am currently working on!



I also want to add a quick thank you to everyone who reads my blog, people who comment, and people following me on twitter and tweeting me!! I never thought that people would actually read this and invest their personal time to do so. It means the world to me, THANKS!!!

Ashton
                    x








No comments:

Post a Comment