05 March 2014

My Makeup Organization!

      Normally most beauty gurus would do this much later, after they have gained a following (hopefully not the same kind as the TV show "The Following"). But seeing as you all don't really know me yet I thought that it might be a good sort of introductory post. I am hoping that it lets you get a sense of my personality and blogging style.    So without further a-do … Here is a little look at my makeup collection / storage! (links to websites will be at the end of the post)



      The picture above is what I keep all of my makeup products in. This is the HELMER Drawer Unit on Casters in Silver from IKEA.  A lot of people use the Alex drawer unit to store their products, but seeing as I don't have a majorly huge collection that it taking over my room (yet) I bought the HELMER because of its size, and it comes with labels for each drawer!



I also have a little desk that I got from IKEA from the series called MICKE that I use as a vanity… I keep all my makeup brushes in the drawer of this desk.

So, while this post is about how I store my makeup, it is also a mini look into the products that I have. but i did not what to overwhelm your senses with pictures of every product in every possible colour that it is available in. Things like eye shadows are represented by which ever one looked the neatest and clean at the moment when I took these photos.

If there is a specific product that you see or have any questions about leave it in a comment, tweet me, or email me at photobeautyguide@gmail.com  and I just might do a review and some swatches of it!




Starting with what I keep on the top of my HELMER Unit: This is where I keep my makeup remover and setting mist. I also have managed to fit my entire lotion collection and perfumes on top of my drawers!


In the first and top drawer I keep all of my primers, tone correctors, and concealers. I don't keep any sort of dividers or anything in each drawer, so everything is just thrown in and mixed together. 

Now, even though there are a lot of e.l.f products, that is not the only brand that I use. Last year I went on a makeup rampage when I discovered e.l.f cosmetics … I got rid of all of my previously owned makeup and bought all e.l.f because i just loved that they are a hypoallergenic brand that does not test on animals. But not to worry, I am beginning to branch out with my cosmetic brands! 



The second drawer contains all of my foundations, bronzers, matte powders for shiny spots, and blushes. Depending on if my skin is cooperating with me I use both powder and liquid foundations, with a translucent finishing powder.


Drawer number three holds all of my eye makeup! Everything from all different kinds of eyeliner anything from liquid to pencil and all the little in-betweens, powder to creme eye shadows, to waterproof and volumizing mascara.


In the fourth drawer I keep all of my 'kissable' products. In here you can find anything from simple boring chap stick / lip balm, lip gloss, plumping lip gloss, lip stick, as well as lip exfoliators.


The next drawer is really boring, mostly because I haven't figured out what I want to keep in it. So it is currently empty…



In the final, and probably the most colorful drawer is my nail polish collection. Christmas of 2013 was unofficially the year of nail polish, or everyone was tired of my nails being boring and colorless … shown in the picture is one example of every brand that I have in my collection, but the colours go on and on for each brand! I don't think that I am going to be running out of nail polish anytime soon. 


The last thing I wanted to show you a bit of is a very minimal look at my bruises that I use. I have a few random e.l.f brushes and then a whole set of the pink ones that I was given as a gift. 

I hope you all enjoyed this post! If you have questions about any products that you see, or want to see a review on … as well as if you want to see my entire collection (probably one post per drawer) leave it in the comments! 

Ashton
                  x

Links!

No comments:

Post a Comment