24 March 2014

Spring Nail Colors!

I cannot believe that Spring has arrived so quickly this year, and I think that it is time to show you my favorite nail polishes for Spring 2014!   I will leave links to webpages specifically for all of the nail polishes that I share with you guys as the names of the polish colors and also at the end of the post, just incase you want to check them out for your selves! I will also link the general websites while talking about each polish!



First I just wanted to share this base coat with you guys called Instant Artificials … I was so happy that I found this product one day while walking around Sallys Beauty Supply ! For a base/top coat it was a little pricey at $8.49 but I thought I would give it a shot … and boy, am I glad I did! This has done wonders for my nails, they don't chip as often as they used to (which was quite often)! While the packaging has changed a bit since I bought mine, it is still the same great product! 




Lets start colors off with Blush in Ivory, a Continuous Color 3-in-1 from CoverGirl. Now to a lot of you looking at this you are probably thinking this is the most boring color that you have ever seen, but it is the best nude nail polish that I have tried! When applied it does not look super opaque, which a lot of people may not like, but to me it doesn't make my nails look as 'fake' as other nude colors that I have bought before. It is also not an overly warm colored nude, so it looks and feels light and fresh, which is why I chose this as a Spring nail polish favorite. I purchased mine at Target for $3.49 Now, unfortunately this polish is not available via the CoverGirl website anymore (It has been a while since I bought this…) but it is still possible to purchase via Ebay for around the same price! 




This is one of two essie nail polishes that I want to share with you… 

This is essie's Splash of Grenadine! I heard about this from Essie button or Estée. She was in love with this color and was getting tons of complements, people wanting to know what it was and what brand. So I figured I would give it a go! I ordered mine off of Amazon, so I only paid $5.89 including shipping (bargain!!)  The sellers price has gone up to $6.10 with free shipping, but its still two dollars cheaper than retail! Heres the direct link to the seller  I am in love with this colour I put it on as soon as I opened my package! I did have to apply three coats though, but thats the only downside!



The next essie polish I got is Butler Please. I have had my eye on this for a while now and thought it was about time to get it! I also paid the same price for this, $5.89 so I did not pay full price… yay! I got this from the same amazon seller > link for this polish the price for this one is now also $6.10 with free shipping! I like this color because its not a navy but its not quite a cobalt blue either!



The last color I want to share with you is a color called Rise & Shine by Sinful Colors. I have been searching for the perfect teal for quite sometime now and I suppose it was only fate that I found it just in time for Spring!(I am very specific when it comes to teals since it is my favourite color)! This color is a very pretty teal on the bottle that has very very small sparkles of greens and blues. I found this at Target for just $1.99! When I saw this I had never heard of the brand before so when I tried it out for the first time I was going in blind … With this nail polish there is no doubt that you need at least two coats, it is fairly pigmented but just not quite enough to only apply one coat. After I tried it on for the first time it applied how it looks in the bottle, but as it dried it did come out as more of a green-teal color which I was not looking for. However even though it did not stay the shade of teal that I was looking for, I am still a fan of it for Spring because it is bright and cheerful!

I hope I have helped you discover new colors to add a bit of pizazz for you to welcome Spring manicures and pedicures with open arms! If you have any questions about a polish, or want to share your favourite colors for Spring leave it in the comments or tweet me @PhotoBeautyBlog !! 

My spring break also starts officially this saturday!!! YAY! So even though I am going on vacation for a few days I will still be writing posts and most likely buying some new things to share with you!!

Ta-Ta for now!

Ashton
                       x


2 comments:

  1. Yayy! Essie <3 Awesome colour choices!

    http://olivia-savannah.blogspot.nl/2014/04/cyprus-trip.html

    ReplyDelete