16 April 2014

Maybelline Baby Skin vs Benefit POREfessional

This is a pretty 'behind the times' post. Benefits the POREfessional has been out for quite some time, and other companies have slowly but surely been introducing their dupes for the primer. 


Over all these two products are fairly (in a very general sense) similar. Baby Skin is a clear primer and feels slightly more oily in texture (if that makes any sense at all). The POREfessional is a very neutral skin toned primer that feels oily but it is a sort of dry oil texture (I really need to get better at describing things! lol).  While these products are made to do the same thing and can be compared in that regard, they can in no way be compared price wise; The Maybelline Baby Skin is $6.99 on the Maybelline website, but I got mine at (you guessed it…) Target for a little less.  Benefits the POREfessional is $31 dollars. I suppose it all depends on how much you are willing to spend on make up, I am just now starting to break away from the 'drugstore' brands and have been overwhelmed by some of the prices I have seen! 


Never having tried anything by Benefit I figured that this had to be the first thing I tried since everyone was raving about it! I set out on a search for a mini of the product because I didn't want to spend the $31 on the full size not knowing if I would like it or not. My search lead me to Amazon where I quickly found the primer advertised as a mini for half the price as the full sized product. Atleast thats what I assumed based on the word mini and the price…

When I got it in the mail it was apparent that it was a SAMPLE. I spent roughly $14 on something I should have gotten for free, and feel really stupid about that. But I didn't return it since I really wanted to try it and figured I could make it last a while… 



Honestly I am not sure what all the hubbub is about when it comes to this product; maybe I just had really high hopes or I just have really weird skin … but I was really disappointed by this product. Part of it could be my slight resentment towards the fact that it is a sample and I paid way more than its worth for it but it didn't do wonders covering up my pores. Im not even sure I can tell a difference in the appearance of my skin after I have put it on!

I have tried it numerous times to give it a chance, but after I apply it if I even slightly touch my skin or begin to apply a setting powder it comes off in little flecks. It reminds me of the part on sunscreen bottles where some of the product gets left behind and dries (ew!)  … and then my skin just gets so dry even wham I have used moisturizer before hand. 

Maybe I just have really weird skin, or I am just really oblivious and missing a huge key in how exactly to apply this, so if you have any tips please let me know down in the comments!! 



I am in love with this primer! In my opinion this dupe blows the original pore eraser out of this galaxy. A lot of beauty gurus are probably not going to like m saying that but this product just works a million times better for my skin.  My face looks so much smoother and softer than before I apply it. AND I can actually tell a difference in my pores looking less pronounced!

It doesn't come of if i touch my face or begin to go through my routine of foundation, bronzer, blush, and highlighter. Also while I mentioned earlier that in texture it feels oily, it does not make my face look or feel oily! 


If you have any other dupes for Benefits the POREfessional I would love to know what they are and how they work for you so I can try them out! 


Ashton
                   x

No comments:

Post a Comment